Saturday, April 11, 2009

Fabuloso!


OK, this photo is actually a knock off brand Festival, but it smells and works the same. Have you ever wondered what makes some side walks of small Mexican towns smells so great? It is this stuff. They use it for cleaning everything. In a country where there are lots of pleasant and unpleasant aromas, this and the smell of bleach permeate your olfactory senses forever. Once I smelled it I was hooked. 15 years ago when we started our journeys (and the airlines where not high security transporters) I would bring this stuff back with us to Alaska. Then I was able to go to my neighborhood Mexican grocery store here in Arizona pay for it with US Dollars. I really felt like I was getting away with something. The clerks must have thought I was "special" as I would have this glowing grin on my face while clutching a gallon jug of purple cleaner to my chest like a newborn. Anyway, it is just one more way to bring Mexico to me when we are not able to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment